Grant Beach Food & Family Networks
Participant GuidelinesThe Grant Beach Food & Family Networks were formed by the Co-op Committee of the Grant Beach Neighborhood Association and Springfield Victory Mission in Springfield, MO. The purpose of the Networks is to provide families with opportunities to build community with others, benefit from community education, and gain food security from a regular, supplemental allotment of groceries. The Grant Beach Food & Family Networks seek to promote dignity, participation and ownership through eliminating poverty from the inside out. A person/family is eligible to participate in the Grant Beach Food & Family Networks if they are committed to actively participate on a twice monthly basis, and they have difficulty maintaining an adequate food supply for their household. There is a one-time application fee of $5.00 to participate in the Networks and a $5.00 donation at the time of each meeting. Network participants are responsible to:
- Be a paid member of the Grant Beach Neighborhood Association.
- Stay for the entire meeting unless prior arrangements are made with other participants and the coordinator.
- Work to divide food for all participants and clean up afterwards.
- Get themselves and their groceries home after the meeting.
- Contribute $5.00 at each meeting to be used for various group functions, including but not limited to: network parties/cookouts, meeting refreshments, fresh produce, etc.
- Meet and socialize with other participants.
- Divide food into family portions.
- Meet to discuss Network announcements, gain information concerning community life, and engage in community education presentations.
- Take allotted groceries to residence.
- This is our Network. We will cooperate together to make our group strong and successful.
- Each group participant needs to be present at each Network Meeting by the start time:
- Members who are not able to be at the meeting on time need to contact the coordinator before the start of the meeting.
- If members do not contact the coordinator or arrive on time to the meeting, the Network is under no obligation to save allotted groceries.
- Other appointments should be scheduled on other days and time in order to avoid conflict with the Network Meetings.
- Failing to contact the coordinator or attend two (2) consecutive meetings will require the participant to take a two (2) week leave of absence before returning to regular participation.
- If a participant gets into a situation (health, job related, etc.) which makes it impossible for them to physically attend meetings, that member must speak to the coordinator regarding their situation to determine continued involvement in the Network.
- If a participant cannot attend a meeting, a representative can attend for that person with prior approval of the governance or written/signed authorization from the participant.
- Food received from the Network is for household members of each participant. While it can be given away, food cannot be sold under any circumstances. Should a participant be found selling Network food, his/her participation in the Networks can be revoked.
- If a participant takes food that is not part of their allotment, they will receive a warning on their first instance, a two (2) month leave of absence on the second instance, and will lose their ability to participate after the third (3) instance.
- Giving false numbers for size of household will result in a one (1) month leave of absence..
- Attending any meeting or gathering of the Networks while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is not acceptable. If it is obvious that a participant is in such a state, he/she will be asked to leave the meeting and return at the next scheduled meeting.
Grant Beach Food & Family Network
Family Membership Record and Eligibility FormName: __________________________________________________________________ Street Address: ___________________________________________________________ City: _______________________________ State: _______________ Zip: ___________ Phone: _____________________________ Cell/Work: __________________________ Email: __________________________________________________________________ Number of People who live in the Household: ___________________________________ Total Household Income: Below $15,000 $15,000-$30,000 Over $30,000 Emergency Contact: Name: ____________________________________ Phone: _______________________
|Name of all Individuals living in Household||Male/Female||Birthdate|